Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
- VBA and Medical Center Schedule Dec. 17 Town Hall
- VA is committed to the health and well-being of Veterans. On Dec. 17, VBA and the Medical Center will host a Joint Town Hall. The goal is “to listen and learn from those who use” the VA healthcare system.
- Veterans Day Celebration
- The Jesse Brown VA Medical Center invites you to its annual Veterans Day Celebration on Nov. 11 at 1:30 p.m. This year’s event, marks the one year anniversary of the VA Secretary’s Award Winning Veterans Food Pantry.
- Correction: Free Hepatitis C Screening
- A free hepatitis C screening for Veterans was held Nov. 4, and not Nov. 11. Please contact your primary care provider to schedule testing. We apologize for any inconvenience. Contact: Sarah.Flaherty@va.gov.
- Health Information Exchange
- The Jesse Brown VA Medical Center has partnered with the Indiana Health Information Exchange (IHIE) to securely exchange electronic health record information using the Nationwide Health Information Network.
- Memorial Service
- On Thursday, Nov. 6, the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center will pause to remember the sacrifice and service of recently deceased Veterans and employees. A memorial service will begin at 9:30 a.m.
- Veterans Focus Group
- On Tuesday, Nov. 4, the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center will host a Veterans Focus Group from 1 p.m. until 2 p.m. The goal of each monthly session is “to listen and learn from those who use” the VA healthcare system.
- Free Hepatitis C Screening
- The Jesse Brown VA Medical Center, in collaboration with the American Liver Foundation, invites Veterans to a free Hepatitis C Screening Program Tuesday, Nov. 4, at 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Medical Center Schedules Sept. 24 Town Hall Event
- The Medical Center is committed to the health and well-being of Veterans. On Sept. 24, the facility will host a Veterans Town Hall. The goal is “to listen and learn from those who use” the VA healthcare system.
- VA2K on May 21, 2014
- Make plans to support the 2014 annual VA2K Walk and Roll on May 21, 2014. The event is free, fun and helps support homeless Veterans. Help the VA's commitment to ending Veteran homelessness.
- National Community Partnership Award Winner
- The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is pleased to announce that the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center was selected as the winner of the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) National Community Partnership Challenge.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Veterans Can Now Track Delivery of Prescriptions
- A VA employee thought if he could track the delivery of his gifts online, why not make it possible for Veterans to track the delivery of their prescriptions the same way? Now, they can.
- Veteran Survived the Battle of the Bulge
- Seventy years ago this month, stubbornly brave American soldiers fought the Battle of the Bulge. Arthur Berkowitz, 91, was one of them. He recalls the battle and a bullet that later shattered his knee.
- Objective: Help improve health care for Veterans
- Over 300,000 Veterans have joined the Million Veteran Program, a partnership between VA and Veterans to establish a database of information which may lead to preventing and treating illnesses in Veterans.
- Seven Ways to Manage Stress during the Holidays
- Holidays should be about family, friends and fun. But what about all those demands and deadlines? Here are some tips to help Veterans and their families manage all that stress, now and all year long.
- USS Arizona Survivor Recalls Pearl Harbor Attack
- Lonnie Cook, 94, is one of nine USS Arizona survivors still living. His plans for a day of liberty in Honolulu came to a halt just before 8:00 on Sunday morning, December 7, 1941.
- At Wyoming VA, No Veteran Dies Alone
- Since 2012, volunteers at the Cheyenne VA Medical Center in Wyoming have been spending hours sitting at the bedside of dying Veterans, keeping them company as they near their final journey.
- Giving Thanks ... with Empathy and Hope
- PJ Johnson knows about recovery. She was hit by a car while undergoing chemotherapy for cancer. During her rehab, the Veterans she usually helps encouraged her to get better and come back to them.
- Brain Bank to Help in Treatment of PTSD
- A new brain bank in Vermont will help with understanding abnormal brain activity in PTSD and could pave the way for new approaches to diagnosis and treatment of individuals with PTSD.
- Quit Smoking for Your Health and Breathe Easier
- November 20th is the Great American Smokeout. Join the Smokeout by quitting or making a plan to quit smoking that day. Succeed with helpful tips from Dr. Timothy P. Carmody.
- Just Saying No to Pain Meds
- Specialists at the VA in Charleston, South Carolina, have helped more than 400 patients ease off their chronic pain medications. How did they do it? The answer might surprise you.