Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
- Veterans Day Celebration
- The Jesse Brown VA Medical Center invites you to its annual Veterans Day Celebration on Nov. 11 at 1:30 p.m. This year’s event, marks the one year anniversary of the VA Secretary’s Award Winning Veterans Food Pantry.
- Correction: Free Hepatitis C Screening
- A free hepatitis C screening for Veterans was held Nov. 4, and not Nov. 11. Please contact your primary care provider to schedule testing. We apologize for any inconvenience. Contact: Sarah.Flaherty@va.gov.
- Health Information Exchange
- The Jesse Brown VA Medical Center has partnered with the Indiana Health Information Exchange (IHIE) to securely exchange electronic health record information using the Nationwide Health Information Network.
- Memorial Service
- On Thursday, Nov. 6, the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center will pause to remember the sacrifice and service of recently deceased Veterans and employees. A memorial service will begin at 9:30 a.m.
- Veterans Focus Group
- On Tuesday, Nov. 4, the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center will host a Veterans Focus Group from 1 p.m. until 2 p.m. The goal of each monthly session is “to listen and learn from those who use” the VA healthcare system.
- Free Hepatitis C Screening
- The Jesse Brown VA Medical Center, in collaboration with the American Liver Foundation, invites Veterans to a free Hepatitis C Screening Program Tuesday, Nov. 4, at 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Medical Center Schedules Sept. 24 Town Hall Event
- The Medical Center is committed to the health and well-being of Veterans. On Sept. 24, the facility will host a Veterans Town Hall. The goal is “to listen and learn from those who use” the VA healthcare system.
- VA2K on May 21, 2014
- Make plans to support the 2014 annual VA2K Walk and Roll on May 21, 2014. The event is free, fun and helps support homeless Veterans. Help the VA's commitment to ending Veteran homelessness.
- National Community Partnership Award Winner
- The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is pleased to announce that the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center was selected as the winner of the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) National Community Partnership Challenge.
- Explore Long Term Services, Supports—Just in Case
- Explore your long term care services and supports now, while you don't need them. Personal proactive planning can provide you peace of mind for yourself and those you care about.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Quit Smoking for Your Health and Breathe Easier
- November 20th is the Great American Smokeout. Join the Smokeout by quitting or making a plan to quit smoking that day. Succeed with helpful tips from Dr. Timothy P. Carmody.
- Just Saying No to Pain Meds
- Specialists at the VA in Charleston, South Carolina, have helped more than 400 patients ease off their chronic pain medications. How did they do it? The answer might surprise you.
- Thousands Sign Up for Dental Insurance
- Over 60,000 Veterans and CHAMPVA beneficiaries have signed up for a dental insurance plan for Veterans with no dental coverage and those eligible for VA dental care who want more coverage.
- Parades Planned Across America on Veterans Day
- On Veterans Day, November 11, Americans pause to honor and salute the men and women whose service and sacrifice made our freedom possible – an annual day of thanks from a grateful nation.
- Tabby Cat Makes Life Easier for Dying Veterans
- An orange tabby cat named Tom lives on the hospice unit of the Salem VA Medical Center in Virginia, providing comfort, amusement and companionship to dying Veterans and their family members.
- VA Offers Programs for Family Caregivers
- The job of caregiver is not easy. It can lead to frustration and burnout. That's why VA has developed two very helpful programs to make the task of caring for your loved one easier and healthier.
- Burn pit exposure? Sign up now in VA Registry.
- Exposed to burn pits or other airborne hazards while deployed? Believe you have health conditions related to these exposures? Join VA's Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry. Learn how here.
- Veterans Arts Festival is Fun and Therapeutic
- VA's Annual Creative Arts Festival is a nation-wide talent competition that lets thousands of Veterans express themselves creatively while helping with their mental and physical health and recovery.
- Flu Shots: More Access, Seamless Documentation
- VA partners with Walgreens to expand real-time sharing of medical information of vaccines provided by Walgreens to enrolled Veterans. VA is covering the cost of about 75,000 flu shots.
- Free Rides for Vets Living in Highly Rural Areas
- VA has just made it possible for more of America’s Veterans living in highly rural areas to get free transportation to a VA medical center or other facilities that provide VA care.