Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
- Secretary Visits Jesse Brown
- Since his confirmation in August, VA Secretary McDonald has traveled the country to speak with Veterans and VA employees. The Secretary of Veterans Affairs recently took time to visit the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center.
- VBA and Medical Center Schedule Dec. 17 Town Hall
- VA is committed to the health and well-being of Veterans. On Dec. 17, VBA and the Medical Center will host a Joint Town Hall. The goal is “to listen and learn from those who use” the VA healthcare system.
- Veterans Day Celebration
- The Jesse Brown VA Medical Center invites you to its annual Veterans Day Celebration on Nov. 11 at 1:30 p.m. This year’s event, marks the one year anniversary of the VA Secretary’s Award Winning Veterans Food Pantry.
- Correction: Free Hepatitis C Screening
- A free hepatitis C screening for Veterans was held Nov. 4, and not Nov. 11. Please contact your primary care provider to schedule testing. We apologize for any inconvenience. Contact: Sarah.Flaherty@va.gov.
- Health Information Exchange
- The Jesse Brown VA Medical Center has partnered with the Indiana Health Information Exchange (IHIE) to securely exchange electronic health record information using the Nationwide Health Information Network.
- Memorial Service
- On Thursday, Nov. 6, the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center will pause to remember the sacrifice and service of recently deceased Veterans and employees. A memorial service will begin at 9:30 a.m.
- Veterans Focus Group
- On Tuesday, Nov. 4, the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center will host a Veterans Focus Group from 1 p.m. until 2 p.m. The goal of each monthly session is “to listen and learn from those who use” the VA healthcare system.
- Free Hepatitis C Screening
- The Jesse Brown VA Medical Center, in collaboration with the American Liver Foundation, invites Veterans to a free Hepatitis C Screening Program Tuesday, Nov. 4, at 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Medical Center Schedules Sept. 24 Town Hall Event
- The Medical Center is committed to the health and well-being of Veterans. On Sept. 24, the facility will host a Veterans Town Hall. The goal is “to listen and learn from those who use” the VA healthcare system.
- VA2K on May 21, 2014
- Make plans to support the 2014 annual VA2K Walk and Roll on May 21, 2014. The event is free, fun and helps support homeless Veterans. Help the VA's commitment to ending Veteran homelessness.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- West Va. Woman Finds Joy Volunteering at VA
- Over the last nine years Joan Chambers, 67, has racked up over 6,000 hours of volunteer work at Huntington VA Medical Center in West Virginia. 'I like keeping busy,' she explained.
- A New and Improved VA Prescription Label
- VA asked hundreds of Veterans to tell us what they liked and didn't like about the labels on their prescriptions. We heard you. The results led to this new patient-centric prescription label.
- VA Nurse Goes the Extra Mile in Veteran Care
- While treating a Veteran patient, Nurse Chuck Maulden noticed the Veteran's feet were in really bad shape with huge blisters probably due to worn out shoes. They both wore the same size shoe. So...
- Is This the Year You Will Volunteer on MLK Day?
- For Volunteers who work every day to help our Veterans, the MLK holiday is one more opportunity to repay the men and women who have sacrificed so much for America. Find out how you can join in.
- Dying Veteran Gets Married at Buffalo VA
- An Army Veteran with not long to live decided it was time to marry his girlfriend of 17 years. The staff at the Buffalo VA, where heís receiving cancer treatments, helped him turn his wish into reality.
- Joint Effort Helps Homeless Vets in 25 Cities
- During one of the coldest weeks of winter, itís difficult to imagine what it must be like to have no heat, no home, and no help. VA is working hard to get help to Americaís Veterans who are experiencing homelessness.
- Helping Beneficiaries Stricken with Spina Bifida
- About 1,300 people are enrolled in the Spina Bifida Health Care Benefits Program where VA is looking at better ways to help people stricken with the disorder get the care they need.
- Glaucoma: Silent Cause of Vision Loss
- One-and-a-half million Veterans have a vision threatening eye disease, including 285,000 with glaucoma, which usually starts without any symptoms. Get tested now — it's quick and painless.
- 2015 New Year's Resolution: End Binge Eating
- VA Researchers are taking a close look at an issue threatening the health of many Veterans: binge eating. If you recognize this in yourself, follow the MOVE link at the end of the story. VA is here to help
- Top 10 Stories from VA Health Care in 2014
- Each year, we post more than 100 stories about health topics on the VA Health Care and VA Medical Center home pages. Here are the Top 10 stories from 2014, based on our reader’s visits.