Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
- Secretary Visits Jesse Brown
- Since his confirmation in August, VA Secretary McDonald has traveled the country to speak with Veterans and VA employees. The Secretary of Veterans Affairs recently took time to visit the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center.
- VBA and Medical Center Schedule Dec. 17 Town Hall
- VA is committed to the health and well-being of Veterans. On Dec. 17, VBA and the Medical Center will host a Joint Town Hall. The goal is “to listen and learn from those who use” the VA healthcare system.
- Veterans Day Celebration
- The Jesse Brown VA Medical Center invites you to its annual Veterans Day Celebration on Nov. 11 at 1:30 p.m. This year’s event, marks the one year anniversary of the VA Secretary’s Award Winning Veterans Food Pantry.
- Correction: Free Hepatitis C Screening
- A free hepatitis C screening for Veterans was held Nov. 4, and not Nov. 11. Please contact your primary care provider to schedule testing. We apologize for any inconvenience. Contact: Sarah.Flaherty@va.gov.
- Health Information Exchange
- The Jesse Brown VA Medical Center has partnered with the Indiana Health Information Exchange (IHIE) to securely exchange electronic health record information using the Nationwide Health Information Network.
- Memorial Service
- On Thursday, Nov. 6, the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center will pause to remember the sacrifice and service of recently deceased Veterans and employees. A memorial service will begin at 9:30 a.m.
- Veterans Focus Group
- On Tuesday, Nov. 4, the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center will host a Veterans Focus Group from 1 p.m. until 2 p.m. The goal of each monthly session is “to listen and learn from those who use” the VA healthcare system.
- Free Hepatitis C Screening
- The Jesse Brown VA Medical Center, in collaboration with the American Liver Foundation, invites Veterans to a free Hepatitis C Screening Program Tuesday, Nov. 4, at 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Medical Center Schedules Sept. 24 Town Hall Event
- The Medical Center is committed to the health and well-being of Veterans. On Sept. 24, the facility will host a Veterans Town Hall. The goal is “to listen and learn from those who use” the VA healthcare system.
- VA2K on May 21, 2014
- Make plans to support the 2014 annual VA2K Walk and Roll on May 21, 2014. The event is free, fun and helps support homeless Veterans. Help the VA's commitment to ending Veteran homelessness.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- 81-Year-Old Veteran Chooses Rehab Over Surgery
- Korean War Veteran Victor Ferentino, 81, was a runner for 60 years. After a spill in Manhattan he did his research and chose rehab at his VA Physical Therapy clinic over surgery.
- A Veteran Who Was on Iwo Jima 70 Years Ago Today
- This week is the 70th anniversary of the raising of the flag on Iwo Jima. "Woody" Williams, 91, was there and received the Medal of Honor for his courageous action on that memorable day.
- VA's Veterans Crisis Line Saves Lives Every Day
- We've answered more than a million-and-a-half calls from Veterans in crisis. And helped with 45,000 rescues. The Veterans Crisis Line helps prevent suicides by providing immediate crisis intervention.
- List of Presidents who were Veterans
- Do you know how many of our Presidents served in the military? As we celebrate President's Day, here is a list of Presidents who are Veterans. From George Washington to George Bush.
- American Sniper Highlights Veterans' Readjustments
- The recent box-office hit American Sniper sheds light on how difficult the transition to civilian life can be. VA has in-person, online and telephone-based services that can help.
- A Day of Caring and Sharing with America's Veteran
- At VA medical centers across the country, thousands of Americans will express their Valentine's wishes of love and gratitude to Veteran patients during VA's annual National Salute to Veteran Patients.
- She Knew Something was Wrong with Her Heart
- VA is joining the American Heart Association to fight heart disease in women Veterans. Here's the story of one woman Veteran who received life-saving treatment at a VA Medical Center.
- Veterans: Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
- Did they pick February to be Heart Month because of Valentine's Day and all those heart shapes? Whatever. It's a great time to remind Veterans of the everyday things you can do to stay heart healthy.
- West Va. Woman Finds Joy Volunteering at VA
- Over the last nine years Joan Chambers, 67, has racked up over 6,000 hours of volunteer work at Huntington VA Medical Center in West Virginia. 'I like keeping busy,' she explained.
- A New and Improved VA Prescription Label
- VA asked hundreds of Veterans to tell us what they liked and didn't like about the labels on their prescriptions. We heard you. The results led to this new patient-centric prescription label.