Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
- Medical Center Town Hall
- VA is committed to the health and well-being of Veterans. On Wednesday, March 25, from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m., the Adam Benjamin, Jr. Outpatient Clinic in Crown Point, Ind., will host a Veterans Town Hall.
- Secretary Visits Jesse Brown
- Since his confirmation in August, VA Secretary McDonald has traveled the country to speak with Veterans and VA employees. The Secretary of Veterans Affairs recently took time to visit the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center.
- VBA and Medical Center Schedule Dec. 17 Town Hall
- VA is committed to the health and well-being of Veterans. On Dec. 17, VBA and the Medical Center will host a Joint Town Hall. The goal is “to listen and learn from those who use” the VA healthcare system.
- Veterans Day Celebration
- The Jesse Brown VA Medical Center invites you to its annual Veterans Day Celebration on Nov. 11 at 1:30 p.m. This year’s event, marks the one year anniversary of the VA Secretary’s Award Winning Veterans Food Pantry.
- Correction: Free Hepatitis C Screening
- A free hepatitis C screening for Veterans was held Nov. 4, and not Nov. 11. Please contact your primary care provider to schedule testing. We apologize for any inconvenience. Contact: Sarah.Flaherty@va.gov.
- Health Information Exchange
- The Jesse Brown VA Medical Center has partnered with the Indiana Health Information Exchange (IHIE) to securely exchange electronic health record information using the Nationwide Health Information Network.
- Memorial Service
- On Thursday, Nov. 6, the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center will pause to remember the sacrifice and service of recently deceased Veterans and employees. A memorial service will begin at 9:30 a.m.
- Veterans Focus Group
- On Tuesday, Nov. 4, the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center will host a Veterans Focus Group from 1 p.m. until 2 p.m. The goal of each monthly session is “to listen and learn from those who use” the VA healthcare system.
- Free Hepatitis C Screening
- The Jesse Brown VA Medical Center, in collaboration with the American Liver Foundation, invites Veterans to a free Hepatitis C Screening Program Tuesday, Nov. 4, at 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Medical Center Schedules Sept. 24 Town Hall Event
- The Medical Center is committed to the health and well-being of Veterans. On Sept. 24, the facility will host a Veterans Town Hall. The goal is “to listen and learn from those who use” the VA healthcare system.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Winter Clinic World-Leader in Adaptive Sports
- VA's annual National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic has significantly changed the lives of thousands of disabled Veterans, reminding them of the wonder life still has to offer.
- Rehab Veterans volunteer for four-week lock down
- Unique approach to rehab. At the Topeka VA, a new voluntary alcohol and drug rehab program called 'Fresh Start' requires patients to commit to 30 days of intense therapy in a locked unit.
- Veterans with PTSD Reclaiming Their Lives
- VA is working hard every day to help Veterans with PTSD, from World War II generals to Iraqi conflict corporals. Here are links to resources and courageous stories from Veterans who have been there.
- These Veterans lost a LOT of weight. You can too!
- Hundreds of Veterans of all ages — and shapes — are losing weight every day with VA's MOVE! program and now there's an app to help you join this happy, healthy group. Check it out!
- You Can Make the Most of Your Whole Health
- It's not about what's the matter with you. It's about what matters most to you. There's a link to a form in this story that could help you enhance your overall well-being by focusing on these factors.
- Change Your Mind about Brain Injury
- VA's Polytrauma System of Care, a network of over 100 programs, provides world-class rehabilitation services for Veterans and helps them transition back to their homes and families.
- VA and DoD Meet for Patient Safety Awareness Week
- During Patient Safety Awareness Week, doctors, nurses and clinicians from VA and DoD will be 'United in Safety' as they discuss and analyze ways to make your hospital experience safer.
- You can have MS but MS does not have you
- You can have Multiple Sclerosis with limited mobility and still have passion for the causes that are meaningful to you. Read this story about Army Veteran Brian Pettyjohn who does just that.
- Roots of VA Health Care Started 150 Years Ago
- On March 3, 1865, President Abraham Lincoln signed a law establishing a national soldiers and sailors asylum. Today's VA evolved from that facility established for Civil War Veterans of the Union Army.
- 81-Year-Old Veteran Chooses Rehab Over Surgery
- Korean War Veteran Victor Ferentino, 81, was a runner for 60 years. After a spill in Manhattan he did his research and chose rehab at his VA Physical Therapy clinic over surgery.