Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
Current Operating Status
As of Wednesday, August 14, 2019 2:33 PM CDT
At approximately 2:18 p.m. August 12, 2019, a gunman not believed to be a Veteran, fired shots at the Taylor Street entrance to the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center. Emergency services officials responded to the scene. The heroic efforts of law enforcement resulted in the individual being taken into custody with no reported injuries or loss of life. We do not believe there is any further threat to the facility at this time.
Jesse Brown VAMC has returned to normal operating status as of August 13, 2019. Although the threat from this shooter has been eradicated, security has been increased.
If you need to reschedule your appointment/s please call the Call Center at 1-888-569-5282.
We apologize for the inconvenience. The Taylor entrance is under construction and closed until further notice. Please enter the building using the Damen, Ogden, or Atrium (by the Canteen) entrance.
- Emergency: 911
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- 24 Hour Nurse: 1-800-591-4815
- Change Your Appointment: 1-800-591-4815, press 1 or 1-888-569-5282
- Media Inquiries: 312-569-6402
- National Veterans Helpline: 1-800-507-4571
- Patient Locator: 312-569-8387 or
- Pharmacy Refill: 312-569-8387, option 2 or 1-888-878-6888
- Staff Locator: Not Available
- Telephone Care: 1-800-591-4815