Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
Institutional Review Board (IRB) - Contact Page
VHA Mission Statement
To honor America's Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.
To facilitate the VHA mission by reviewing, approving, and modifying research protocols submitted by the VA Researchers.
To promote and work to ensure constant vigilance for the rights and welfare of America’s Veterans and their Families, while advancing knowledge through the facilitation of the highest quality human subjects research.
JBVAMC IRB is proud to operate under a completely on-line, paper-less platform, hosted by www.IRBNet.org
All PIs must register their profile and affiliate with Jesse Brown VAMC in IRBNet before any items can be submitted or any review can commence.
- 100+ active human subject studies
- Disease states include: Prostate Cancer, Cardiovascular disease, Diabetes, and Prosthetics (limb mechanics)
- Funding diversified among distinct sources, including VHA, NIH, and industry (Pharma)
- Three academic medical center affiliate partners, Northwestern University, University of Illinois at Chicago, and University of Chicago.
- Creation of the JBVAMC IRB in May 2015
- Board consists of 11 primary members, 7 alternate members
- Board members represent: Pharmacy, Nursing, Oncology, Education, Neurology, Internal Medicine, Psychiatry, Surgery, and Biomechanics
General Email: CHS_IRB@va.gov
Jennifer Ordman, MPH
AnJelique Leslie, LPN