Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
VA is providing COVID-19 vaccines, as authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Supply varies by facility. Get more information about COVID-19 vaccines at VA.
VA is now offering Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine booster shots to Veterans, spouses and caregivers who have already received a full series of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine at least six months ago. Not all VA facilities are offering Pfizer booster shots. Learn more about COVID-19 booster shots in VA.
You can also receive your Pfizer booster outside of VA. You can locate a vaccine site at https://www.vaccines.gov/search/. Make sure to take your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card when you go!
We continue to encourage all eligible individuals to get vaccinated.
The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 booster dose is now available at Jesse Brown
**There is no current information on Moderna and Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine boosters at this time. We will keep you updated**
- Jesse Brown VA Medical Center Vaccine Clinic – 820 S. Damen, Chicago, IL 60612
- Adam Benjamin, Jr. VA Outpatient Clinic - 9301 Madison Street, Crown Point, IN 46307
Schedule an Appointment by:
- Calling the COVID Vaccine Hotline M-F 8:00am – 3:30pm 312-569-5801
- Scheduling an Appointment During your Next VA Visit
- Contacting your Primary Care Team 888-569-5282
**PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BRING YOUR COVID-19 VACCINE CARD WITH YOU DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT FOR YOUR BOOSTER DOSE**
Questions about the COVID-19 vaccine booster dose? Did you receive your COVID-19 vaccine outside the VA? Alert your VA Primary Care Team at 888-569-5282
- Veterans 65 years and older and residents in long-term care settings who received a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 primary vaccine series at least six months ago
- Veterans 50 to 64 years old with underlying medical conditions who received a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 primary vaccine series at least six months ago
- Veterans who MAY decide to get a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 booster dose, based on their individual benefits and risks, including:
- Veterans 18 to 49 years old with underlying medical conditions who received a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 primary vaccine series at least six months ago
- Veterans 18 to 64 years old who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of their occupational or institutional setting who received a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 primary vaccine series at least six months ago
Underlying medical conditions per CDC include (People with Certain Medical Conditions | CDC):
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic lung diseases, including COPD, asthma (moderate to severe), interstitial lung disease, cystic fibrosis, and pulmonary hypertension
- Dementia or other neurological conditions
- Diabetes (type 1 or type 2)
- Down syndrome
- Heart conditions (such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathies or hypertension)
- HIV infection
- Immunocompromised state
- Liver disease
- Overweight and obesity
- Sickle cell disease or thalassemia
- Smoking, current or former
- Solid organ or blood stem cell transplant
- Stroke or cerebrovascular disease, which affects blood flow to the brain
- Substance use disorders
- Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.